Importance to Update Date of Birth in Aadhaar
In this post we are going to learn about how to Update Date of Birth in Aadhaar card.
It is very important to have the correct date of birth in the Aadhar card. Since today all the financial sectors had made it mandatory to submit the aadhar card for their smooth processing of things . We can clearly see that we need Aadhar for opening bank accounts, buying insurance, telephone connection, etc.
As Aadhar is becoming a mandatory document to be carried everywhere, we need to see if our details are correctly mentioned in the document.
If you have a mistake in the aadhar date of birth do not worry we are going to see about how to Update Date of Birth in Aadhaar card.
Methods to Update Date of Birth In Aadhar card
- We can change the Date of birth By Visiting Permanent Enrollment center nearby your area . To find the nearest enrollment center we have to click on Locate an Enrolment / Update center near you on uidai.gov.in.
- Online using Self Service Update Portal (SSUP). Click “Update Aadhaar Details (Online)” on uidai.gov.in. You can also Book appointment online using the Booking Appointment option on the UIDAI website.
- You can send the required details by post also to the Regional office/ Help center. we can download the aadhar updation form in the below link. aadhaar_enrolment_correction_form_version_2.1 or visit the aadhar website link for latest version of form.
List of Documents Accepted to update Aadhar card
For all the methods, you will be asked to submit a valid proof to validate your date of birth.
You can find the list of Accepted documents to update your Date of birth in Aadhar card here.
or can use this PDF attachment of the Name_Gender_DOB_Update_Aadhar updation document
You can update the date of birth in your Aadhaar with a valid Date of Birth (DoB) Proof having your name.
Point to be Noted :
- You can update the Date of Birth (DoB) in your Aadhaar only once.
- Dont forget to take your original aadhra card to the center for verification during updayind DOB.
Genuine Update Date of Birth in Aadhar card – Second Time
For genuine request to update the DOB second time. we need to visit any Aadhaar Kendra with a valid Date of Birth (DoB) Proof in name as per the proof in this list. It should be processed as an exception process.
If this request gets rejected, we have to call the toll free number 1947 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org and request for ‘exception update’ by sharing your latest Update Request Number and contact details.
What should we do if our Request to update DOB in Aadhar is rejected?
If its the first time, we can check the reason for rejection of our request by calling 1947 and proceed with corrective action accordingly.
What to do if the Request By post to Help Center/ Regional Office is rejected?
Please follow the steps applicable to your case:
Date of Birth (DoB) prior to 14.10.2019 & first DoB update
‘Date of Birth gap more than allowed limit’
‘Date of Birth already verified’
we can update our DoB again by visiting an Aadhaar Kendra. We should ensure to submit a valid document from the 15 Documents Accepted for updating Date of birth in Aadhar card having your name and correct DoB.
Date of Birth request after 14.10.2019
First DoB update
Call 1947 and proceed accordingly
call 1947 or write to email@example.com
Request for ‘exception update’ by sharing your latest Update Request Number and contact details.
Fee For Date of Birth (DOB) Update in Aadhar card
For updation in Aadhaar, either Demographic or Biometric, we have to pay Rs. 50/- (including taxes) to the service provider each time we get our details updated.