NRI Aadhar Card
Can an NRI apply for aadhar?
YES. An NRI can apply for aadhar from any aadhar Kendra with a valid Indian Passport (whether minor or adult).
Can my passport be used for aadhar update of my spouse?
It can be used as Proof of Address for them if your passport has the name of your spouse.
I am an NRI and I have an aadhar. Can my spouse be enrolled based on my aadhar & passport?
1. If spouse is NRI – As Proof of Identity (POI), valid Indian passport of the applicant is mandatory
2. If spouse is an Indian resident (not NRI) – any valid Proof of Relationship document (refer: https://uidai.gov.in/images/commdoc/valid_documents_list.pdf) including your Passport (having name of your spouse) can be used for enrollment under Head of Family (HOF).
What is the process for aadhar enrollment for children of NRI’s?
Please refer to the below:
If Child is below 5 years of age:
1. By signing the enrollment form one of the parents/ guardian has to authenticate on behalf of the child and also give consent for enrollment of the minor.
2. If the child is an NRI – As Proof of Identity (POI) valid Indian passport of the child is mandatory
3. If the child is an Indian resident (not NRI) – any valid Proof of Relationship document (refer: valid_documents_list for Aadhar card) such as Birth Certificate, along with aadhar of the parent/ guardian, can be used for enrollment.
If Child is between 5 to 18 years of age:
1. By signing the enrollment form one of the parents/ guardian has to give consent for enrollment of the minor.
2. If the minor is an NRI – as Proof of Identity (POI) valid Indian passport of the child is mandatory
3. If the minor is an Indian resident (not NRI)
• No document in the name of the minor: any valid Proof of Relationship document valid_documents_list) such as Birth certificate can be used for enrolment under Head of Family (HOF).
• Minor has a document: use a valid Proof of Identity (POI) and Proof of Address (POA) document (like School ID card) in the child’s name for enrolment (refer: valid_documents_list.
Can I give an International mobile number in my aadhar details?
International/ non-Indian mobile numbers are currently not supported.
The address in my passport is not updated. I want to give my present address for my aadhar application. Is that possible?
Yes, As a Proof of Identity (POI) a valid Indian Passport is mandatory for NRI applicants. As a Proof of Identity (POI) you may choose to give any other Indian Address as per the list of documents acceptable by UIDAI: valid_documents_list
What is the process for NRI enrollment?
The process for NRI enrollment is:
1. As per your convenience you can visit any aadhar Kendra.
2. Valid Indian Passport should carry along with you
3. Details has be to filled in enrollment form
4. For NRI Email ID is mandatory
5. Read and sign the same in your enrollment form. The declaration for NRI enrollment is slightly different.
6. Ask the operator to enroll you as NRI
7. As Proof of Identity give your Passport
8. As Proof of Address and Date of Birth proof or give some other valid document/s you may choose your Passport itself for this (As per valid_documents_list)
9. Biometric capture process has to be completed
10. Before you allow the operator to submit, check all details on screen (in English and local language)
11. Collect the acknowledgement slip/ enrollment slip that have your 14 digit Enrollment ID and Date & Time Stamp. You can also check status of your aadhar from: https://resident.uidai.gov.in/check-aadhar
Thanks for reading this post in NRI Aadhar Card. This post is written for information purpose only. For full details, you can go the offical UIDAI website.
Read this article on