Link Aadhar to Ration Card through online mode
This is post is on the 8 very Easy steps to Link Aadhar number to Ration Card. For linking Aadhar card to your ration card online, the below-mentioned steps should be followed:
1 : Visit the aadhar seeding website and click “start now”.
2 : Enter your address, select city, and state
3 : Click the benefit type as “Ration card” from the list available
4 : Select the scheme name as “ration card”
5: Enter your ration card number, Aadhaar number, email address and mobile number.
6 : After this an OTP (One Time Password) will be sent to the registered mobile number which you had given.
7 : Enter the OTP after which a notification will appear informing that your application process is completed.
8 : After verification of the application, your Aadhar card will be linked to your ration card. !!!
Link Aadhar to Ration Card through offline mode
Persons who want to link their Aadhaar card to ration card offline, then the below-mentioned steps need to be followed:
Step 1: Take the copies of Aadhaar cards of all family members as well as a photocopy of your ration card.
Step 2: Also take the copies of bank passbook if you have not linked your Aadhaar card to your bank account.
Step 3: You should carry a passport sized photograph of the head of the family.
You have to submit all these documents to the PDS store or ration shop.
Step 4: You will get a sms for the successful submission of the application to link aadhar and ration card.
Step 5: You wil get a notification once your ration card is successfully linked to the Aadhaar cards.
Advantages of Linking Aadhar to Ration Card
- Elimination of duplicate ration cards
- Linking of unique aadhar card with ration card check the fraudulent activities.
- Issue of multiple ration cards under a single name can be cancelled.
- Biometric enabled distribution system will help the PDS to identify the genuine beneficiaries and thus helps in streamlining the benefits accordingly.
- Diversion and leakage of PDS ration can be restrained.
- Aadhar card helps in creating an audit trail in the PDS thus identifying and eliminating corrupt middlemen and this helps in adding efficiency in the framework.
Documents Required for Linking Aadhar to Ration Card
- Passport size photograph of the head of the family
- Photocopies of Aadhaar of all the family members Photocopy of Aadhaar of the head of the family
- Photocopy of Ration card along with the original card (for verification) Bank Passbook copy, if in the case bank account is not linked to aadhar card Ration Card
What is Ration card?
Ration card is a document issued by each state governments of India. It is a proof of nationality of the holders. It indicates the economic status of the holding family. It is not a mandatory document to he held in India.
But still to get the subsidized food grains from the PDS, it is necessary to have a rationcard for your family.
Different states have different Ration schemes and are issued based on the income of the holding family.
Two types of Ration Card:
Priority Ration Card – This type of ration card is issued to those households which meet the eligibility criteria as set by the respective state government. Each household is eligible to get 5 kilograms of food grains per member.
Antyodaya (AAY) – This ration card is issued to those households who are categorized as the “poorest of poor”. Each AAY households are eligible to secure 35 kilograms of food grains. Note: Those who have a higher earning capacity as predetermined by the respective state government cannot obtain rations at a subsidized cost.
Also Read the post on Accepted proofs for DOB change in Aadhar card.
Source : https://uidai.gov.in/